Staying home over the festive season? An inevitable influx of friends and family is unavoidable. This means that the plumbing in your home needs to perform at a slightly higher level than usual.
Here are some solutions to common issues we find occurring during the festive season.
- The geyser overflow runs very hot – Run some hot water in the bath or shower and contact your plumber immediately.
- The geyser overflow drips heavily – Slight dripping is normal due to expansion and the ambient heat, but if it is heavy you can turn your geyser thermostat down to see if this solves the problem.
- Blocked drains – You could use a special drain acid for minor issues. We stock some really good ones, but be careful and use only cold water with these products.
- Dripping taps – Spares and washers are your friend. We happen to stock a wide range of products that may be suitable.
- Cold showers due to too much hot water being used – 6 people should be able to shower comfortably for 4 minutes at a time with a typical geyser. We stock a wide range of water saving shower roses to help save water too.
- When in doubt, call in a registered plumber or feel free to phone your local CP&B store, and we will gladly assist where possible.
For holiday renovation inspiration please visit our Pinterest page http://www.pinterest.com/cpandb/ and get yourself ready for the bathroom or kitchen you’ve always dreamed of.